One of my favorite things that my mom used to make growing up was these Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. She would make a huge batch by quadrupling the recipe. Then, she would freeze them. I would grab some for breakfast every morning on my way out of the door to school.
I had it down to a science. If I grabbed 5 muffins, I would microwave them about 30 seconds. The bread would be warm, but the chocolate chips would still be slightly frozen. Just the way I liked them. Hopefully, you will like them too.
1 2/3 C All Purpose Flour
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs, whisked
3/4 C Canned Pumpkin
1/2 C Margarine, melted
1/4 C Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla
First, mix all of the dry ingredients together. This consists of the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, sugar, salt and chocolate chips. Blend together with a spoon or spatula.
Second, in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together with a whisk.
Third, add the rest of the wet ingredients. This includes the pumpkin puree, butter, milk and vanilla.
Fourth, add the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients.
Fifth, with a spatula, stir the wet and dry ingredients together until blended.
Sixth, place spoon fulls of batter into a greased muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Once your muffins are done, allow them to cool and enjoy. They do well in a bag on the counter for a while or in the freezer if you want them to last a while. One big can of pumpkin will 4X the recipe.
I love pumpkin flavored things. This is one of my favorite recipes as a kid. I hope your family can enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1 2/3 C All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, whisked
- 3/4 C Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 C Margarine, melted
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. (Flour, Sugar,Chocolate Chips, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt).
- In a separate bowl, place eggs and whisk together. Add the rest of the wet ingredients (Pumpkin, Melted Butter, Milk and Vanilla).
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir together with a spatula until blended.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- * 1 Large 28oz can of pumpkin makes 4 times the recipe.
- * They freeze well.